Paula Dacia DeAnda is a talented singer and songwriter from the United States. But what happened to Paula DeAnda? Where is the R&B singer? These have been some of the questions lingering in the mind of her fans.
Paula DeAnda rose to fame after her debut single, Doing Too Much. The song was well-received in the Southwest, thus landing her an opportunity to audition for Clive Davis. She released her debut album, Paula DeAnda, in 2006. The album had the hit, Walk Away (Remember Me), which peaked at the top 20 on the US Billboard 100.
Who is Paula DeAnda?
She is an American born entertainer from San Angelo, Texas. The singer is the daughter of Steven (father) and Barbara DeAnda (mother). Paula DeAnda parents are both Mexican American. Her father is a restaurant general manager, while her mother is a registered nurse in the United States.
What happened to Kat DeLuna? Here’s what you need to know
She started taking piano lessons at the age of 6. Soon after, she began singing at different functions around her hometown upon being recommended by her piano instructor. Paula also sang the national anthem at local football games.
While growing up, the singer and her parents relocated from San Angelo to Corpus Christi to help her advance her music career since it was famous as one of the best music hubs. She enrolled at Mary Carroll High School for her high school studies. There are no details about her college studies.
Who is Paula DeAnda’s husband? The singer has no husband as she is not yet married. She is currently single and focusing on her career in the entertainment industry. She has always kept her private life away from the media’s attention.
However, it is alleged that she has previously dated other men in the music industry. Some of the men she dated in the past are:
What happened to Diana King? The story of the Jamaican-American singer
- Timothy Mosely – Singer
- Sean Kingstone – Rapper
- Jovan Campbell – Rapper
- Daddy Yankee – Reggae singer
- Frankie J – Singer
- Baby Bash – Rapper
What is Paula DeAnda known for?
She is known for her exceptional talent as a singer and actress. Here are the highlights of her fame in the two sectors of the entertainment industry.
As a singer
She first performed during a concert that featured renowned artists such as Frankie J, Baby Bash and Nelly. In July 2005, she released her first single, What Would It Take, which received airplay from over ten radio stations across the country. In December, she released, Doing Too Much.
This led to an audition for Clive Davis, who signed her for a 7-album deal with Arista Records. In summer 2006, she released a debut album, Paula DeAnda. Other hit singles and albums followed this under the Arista Record before being dropped by the label and becoming an independent artist.
Miranda Lambert: husband, net worth, siblings, kids, songs
Many setbacks and poor promotions were the two main reasons why Paula DeAnda got dropped. During this time, her TV interview credits were low, and most of her time was spent touring rather than creating more music. After Clive Davis left Arista Records, the singer parted ways to become independent.
After leaving the record label, her sophomore album was shelved. Later in 2014, she auditioned for season 6 of NBC’s singing competition, The Voice. Sisaundra Lewis defeated Paula DeAnda on The Voice during round one of the battle.
Here is the breakdown of her discography:
- 2014 – The Voice and the Beats
- 2019 – 4th of July with Hi Jackson & the Country Club
- 2006 – Doing Too Much
- 2006 – Walk Away (Remember Me)
- 2007 – When It Was Me
- 2007 – Easy
- 2009 – Roll the Credits
- 2011 – Besos
- 2012 – Your Place
- 2013 – Shut Up and Love Me
- 2014 – The Way (The Voice performance single)
- 2014 – Horns Blow (Shimmy Shimmy)
- 2015 – Marching
- 2015 – Don’t Stop
- 2019 – Roll It
- 2019 – Iddi Biddi
- 2020 – Call It Quits
Melissa Womer: children, Jim Carrey, net worth, latest updates
As an actress
The entertainer has also tried her luck in the American film industry. She has starred in various movies and TV shows as follows:
- 2007 – Super Sweet 16: The Movie as Alicia
- 2008 – Paula DeAnda (Video-EPK) as Herself
- 2012 – Barbie in a Mermaid Tale 2 as Soundtrack only
- 2006 – The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson as musical guest
- 2006 – International Latino Film Festival 2006 as a performer
- 2006 – Saturday Early Show as special guest
- 2006 – 2006 MTV Video Music Awards as an audience member
- 2006 – Cosmogirl Spy as guest
- 2006 to 2007 – Live with Regis and Kelly (season 21) as special guest
- 2006 to 2007 – Total Request Live as Herself/host
- 2007 – 49th Annual Grammy Awards as an audience member
- 2007 – The Drop as guest
- 2007 – Wild ‘n Out as Herself/Black Team leader
- 2007 – Sí TV as musical guest
- 2008 – New York Fashion Week as Herself
- 2008 – 9th Annual Latin Grammy Awards as Herself
- 2008 to 2009 – MUN2 as Herself
- 2008 to 2009 – NuvoTV as a performer
- 2010 – Keeping Up with the Kardashians as Herself
- 2013 – Trout vs Canelo as a performer
- 2014 – The Voice as a contestant
- 2014 – Paula DeAnda & The Voice Kohls Commercial as Herself
- 2016 – Teen Scoop as Herself
- 2018 – Canelo vs GGG as a performer
- 2018 – T-Boz Unplugged as Herself
- 2019 – BET Awards 2019 as an attendee
- 2019 – LATV’s The Hub as guest
Shay Mitchell net worth, daughter, parents, boyfriend, is she Indian?
What happened to Paula DeAnda?
The star had taken a break from the music industry until her recent comeback.Where is Paula DeAnda now? She is still maintaining her grip in the music industry. Recently, she dropped a hit single, Freaky, which sounds more mature and sexy than her other teenage songs.
According to an interview with Euphoria, the singer plans to release another album in the year. She is also working on a Spanglish song. More music is on the way from the talented singer, especially now that there are no shows or any other distracters.
Paula DeAnda net worth
The singer has had a successful career in the entertainment industry for over 15 years. She has made it great as a singer and actress and has earned a considerable sum of money from the two ventures. Her estimated net worth is $500K as of 2021.
Sabrina Carpenter bio: age, boyfriend, height, movies
What happened to Paula DeAnda? This has been a question on many people’s lips, but clearly, the talented American singer is an entertainer to watch out for. The future looks bright for the singer.
Tuko.co.ke recently published an article on what happened to Tila Tequila, the Singaporean-born American television star. She had a huge fan base in the 2000s, appearing in a dating reality show titled A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila.
Tequila was involved in a few controversies. Some of the controversies significantly contributed to her downfall. For years, she has stayed out of the public eye.